A Solution to Conform to an Integrated, Multi-Specialty Medical Practice.
The previous software was costing their practice more money to operate than they were bringing in.
Cutting Costs at Cutting Edge Practice
Anchorage & Wasilla, Alaska
Wisdom Traditions Health and Wellness Center is a cutting-edge facility that has unified physical therapy, wellness, and behavioral health counseling services in order to provide the best in integrational choices for their clients since 2006. “Wisdom,” as their clients have coined their facility, currently manages two offices in both Anchorage and Wasilla, Alaska, with a total of twenty staff. Priding themselves in their existing and forthcoming accreditations, the facility’s HR Director and CFO, Kimberly Hamilton, describes their services as “outside the box.” However, when she noticed that their prior EMR, practice management, and billing system was hindering Wisdom from operating at their highest capacity, she recognized that they needed a change.
- Prior applications caused profit loss
- A disconnect between scheduling and billing systems
- Keeping two practices connected was difficult without a cloud-based EMR
- Had to complete a paper audit to research missing bills
Wisdom’s prior server-based application was creating a disconnect between the scheduling and billing systems. The disconnection was time-consuming – Kimberly and other staff members would have to physically complete a paper audit each time they wanted to see if a bill was missed. With clinicians already working overtime, every moment was valuable. Not only did their prior software cost them the time that they could be spending with patients, but it also cost them revenue. Accounts receivables quickly became unmanaged, causing their practice to experience profit losses.
One year after adopting InSync’s fully integrated software solution, the practice has found that the troubles they were experiencing with their prior application have dissolved. InSync’s EMR has brought the practice the connectivity that they were looking for and has improved their collections and management of copays and coinsurance. InSync saves Wisdom time and money by allowing them to discontinue completing countless paper audits because all the information is held within the system.
Seamless Implementation and Support
Any major change in the day-to-day operations of a medical practice takes some time to acclimatize. However, the support from InSync put Kimberly and the rest of the staff at Wisdom at ease, further assuring them they made the right decision. Having chosen onsite training with InSync’s implementation specialists, Kimberly couldn’t have been more pleased with their experience. The onsite training allowed for more customized training tailored to the specific needs of their practice.
The support that Kimberly experienced didn’t end when the onsite training ended. Kimberly said, “On many occasions, I’ve sent out an email and copied [InSync’s implementation specialist] on it and next thing I know she’s on the phone with me and it’s, ‘Ok let’s get this scheduled. I’d like to work with you on that.’”
- InSync’s implementation specialist worked with Wisdom’s clinicians to ensure InSync worked with their practice
- The software was easy to learn and adapted to their unique needs
- InSync helped create content Wisdom needed for their clinical staff
InSync’s fully integrated software solution was not simply something Wisdom purchased for their practice – it has become a part of their practice. Kimberly wanted to choose an EMR and practice management software that would be a shrewd financial investment for their company. Wisdom was thrilled that InSync’s affordable pricing enabled the software to become part of their company, and now one of their assets.
- The InSync system solved the disconnect between the two practices. The integrated EMR and PM software merged the two practices together into one system
- Converting the previous paper charts to electronic medical records eliminated 20 percent of time spent on administrative work
- Cost savings in time and money were gained with InSync’s EMR and PM, reducing the need for paper record supplies and time spent putting away charts
- Connection of the two practices improved collections and management of copay, saving Wisdom time and money by eliminating the need for paper audits
Since converting their paper charts to electronic medical records, the practice has seen significant cost savings in terms of time and money. The adoption of an EMR has simplified their practice and has generated a 20 percent time savings. As an individual who wears many hats for the company, Kimberly also manages the office supplies, which is where a lot of the cost savings lie. Prior to adopting InSync, Wisdom’s paper medical records were very expensive. The reality is, all of the little things added up – the paper charts the inserts, the labels – and proved themselves to be very costly. Converting their medical records has brought a simplification to the practice, and rather than having providers waste time putting charts away, they can spend more time with patients now that everything is electronic.