Self-Managing Ongoing Waves of CalAIM Changes with the Credible EHR Platform
Aldea Children and Family Services, headquartered in Napa, California, serves people with mental health challenges who would not otherwise receive the critical support needed to thrive. To keep pace with the increasingly complex and demanding requirements of the CalAIM Behavioral Health Initiative, Aldea needed an EHR platform that would grow with them, while providing the adaptability and flexibility required to support ongoing state updates through the year 2027.
Aldea chose the Credible Behavioral Health EHR platform for its established and growing presence and capabilities in California, supported by the ongoing investments Qualifacts is making in the state. “We needed to step up to an EHR that would support our existing programs and allow us to manage the many rounds of changes and updates that the CalAIM continues to bring. Six months post GoLive, we have already made state required updates, and we are preparing for the next round,” said Erin Zamora, Compliance and Technology Director for Aldea. “Credible made it easy for us.”
- “The behavioral health components of CalAIM are designed to support whole-person, integrated care; move the administration of Medi-Cal behavioral health to a more consistent and seamless system by reducing complexity and increasing flexibility; and improve quality outcomes, reduce health disparities, and drive delivery system transformation and innovation through improvements to behavioral health policies and the launch of behavioral health payment reform,” according to the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
- “These behavioral health care delivery system and programmatic administration improvements will strengthen the state’s behavioral health continuum of care, including the mental health and substance use disorder systems, promote better integration with physical health care, and improve access and outcomes for all Californians,” the state has announced.
“We will be able to achieve it,” Zamora said. “Credible has the flexibility, and the end game is in sight. We are confident that we will get through the CalAIM changes and that we will be in a really good place.”
Adaptability and Flexibility Post-Implementation Success
“We can manage the Credible EHR behind the scenes to add forms, and we can make billing and reporting changes and updates, with each new round of CalAIM changes coming to us,” Zamora said. “We are spearheading it on our end, without additional project fees or implementation fees. The system has the flexibility for us to manage it ourselves.”
Clinical User Satisfaction Success | “We are seeing a lot of progression with efficiency and productivity with our clinical team in their usage and satisfaction with the Credible Plan for documentation,” Zamora said. “They can navigate through it easily, go where they need to go, and do what they need to do. They can add forms to the visit, and the billing behind the scenes attaches the forms to the services and creates the ties to claims for reimbursement.”
Qualifacts Partnership and Implementation Success | “We are kept informed of the plans Qualifacts has for investments, changes and growth, and we are excited about what we are hearing,” Zamora said. “We are looking forward to the state user group meetings, and the peer leadership that Credible customers have established, and learning from that and contributing to it.”
“Aldea has been a strong and collaborative partner throughout the implementation process, as we rolled out our time-tested and proven methodology, and we look forward to seeing them become as established with their Credible peers as they are with their state peers,” said Quinlan Linebaugh, the Qualifacts Implementation Project Manager who led the effort. “The Aldea team members brought their knowledge and their questions throughout the successful implementation.”
Software as a Service (SAAS) Success | “Having a web-based system means that when development changes are rolled out, they are just delivered and available to us,” said Jeremiah Reyes, System Administrator for Aldea. “I understand the way it’s built.”
Click here to learn more about our EHR solutions for California.
About Aldea Children and Family Services
Mission | Our mission is to improve lives and create bright futures for people we serve by providing professional mental health, child welfare and support services in a manner that respects the dignity and individuality of each person.
Vision | Our vision is that all people we serve will achieve emotional wellness and become engaged members of the community, despite past abuse or emotional challenges.
- Client-Centered: Our individualized services are driven by joint goal-setting with clients to improve their lives and create bright futures
- Excellence: Our staff is committed to providing the highest quality, most effective services and is supported to do so through professional development
- Diversity: Our staff is diverse and culturally sensitive to better serve our communities
- Collaboration: Our staff teams up internally and with community partners to create lasting improvements for clients and communities
Who We Serve | We serve people with mental health challenges who would not otherwise receive the critical support needed to thrive.
Qualifacts is a leading provider of behavioral health software and SaaS solutions for clinical productivity, compliance and state reporting, billing, and business intelligence. Its mission is to be an innovative and trusted technology and end-to-end solutions partner, enabling exceptional outcomes for its customers and those they serve. Qualifacts’ comprehensive portfolio, including the CareLogic®, Credible™, and InSync® platforms, spans and serves the entire behavioral health, rehabilitative, and human services market supporting non-profit Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics (CCBHC) as well as for-profit large enterprise and small business providers. Qualifacts has a loyal customer base, with more than 2,500 customers representing 75,000 providers serving more than 6 million patients. Qualifacts was recognized in the 2022 and 2023 Best in KLAS: Software and Services report as having the top ranked Behavioral Health EHR solutions.